[Skimmertalk] Decode frequency range?

Andrew O'Brien k3ukandy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 19:35:36 PDT 2011

I just and nearing the end of my latest 30 day trial, seems to be
working much better on my new PC that it was on my old one last year.
Still reading help files and getting to grips with this application.

 I set the sampling rate and just assumed that I would be able to
decode 192 Khz bandwidth using an SDR-IQ .  I was getting LOTS of
skims during the IARU contest but forgot to examine  what range I was
decoding.  Tonight I am seeing no decoded CQs above 7035, I would have
expected there to be SOME in the 7050-58 range where FISTS and SKCC
ops call CQ and perhaps also around 7115-120.  So that got me to
wondering if I was only decoding over a narrow range despite selecting
192 khz sample rate.   I  just set my "dial" at 7044 and got a skim
down at 7005 ... so I am getting skims down 40 Khz at least.  Nothing
above , maybe the band just has no CQers above my dial frequency or
perhaps I have somethings set wrong ?