[Skimmertalk] AR Cluster's Skimmer-specific filtering

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Feb 18 14:03:37 PST 2011

This weekend, I will be running an AR Cluster version 6 (beta) RBN node
at n4zr.dyndns.org port 7373.  Aside from stress-testing the software
under serious contest condx, I want to see whether ARC's filtering helps
with busted spots late in the contest.  Anyone who wants to is welcome
to connect and give it a try.  The filter syntax is pretty simple - my
basic tight filtering is set by this line:

SET DX FILTER call=n4zr OR (SKIMMER AND UNIQUE>2)  and (spotterstate=md
OR spotterstate=pa OR spotterstate=va OR spotterstate=WV)

What this will do is let through any Skimmer/RBN spots of me, and then
apply tighter filtering to other spots - specifically, it will only spot
other stations that are heard by at least 3 Skimmers, and then only if
the spotting RBN station is in MD, PA, VA or WV.  The parentheses are
used Boolean-fashion, together with the ORs and ANDs.  Filtering
proceeds from left to right.  A much fuller explanation is in the ARC
Server V6 user manual on http://ab5k.net.

See you in the contest.

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com