[Skimmertalk] Some Fun CW Skimmer Recordings

Jeff Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Sun Dec 25 05:05:19 PST 2011

During the 2009 CQWW 160 CW Contest at PJ2T, I recorded the entire contest
on our Beverage receiving antennas.

I trimmed down the recordings to several files of various sizes (for ease in
downloading), and they can be downloaded from:
http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer.htm . Find the links at the top of the
right column.

These recordings are from the time of the sunrise across Europe on January
24 during the contest (starting at 0411Z and 0514Z), recorded on the PJ2T
1000-foot Europe Beverage, using an SDR-IQ receiver and CW Skimmer software.

I've played back the short recordings at club meetings as a demonstration of
what CW Skimmer can do, and the result is usually the sound of jaws hitting
the floor as the callsign list builds from zero to 215 spotted callsigns in
less than one minute (from the recording starting 0411Z)!

73,  Jeff  K8ND