[Skimmertalk] bad frecuencies spot

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Dec 14 05:16:07 PST 2011

A couple of additional thoughts.  I don't know what subset of the RBN
Skimmers VE7CC is using.  Last I knew he was not using the RBN feed per
se.  Unfortunately, unless you are filtering the spots you receive in
specific ways, one off-frequency spot may be given the same weight as 50
that are on-frequency.

My solution to this has been to use the RBN's ARCluster V6 node and its
"Skimmer and uniques > 2" filtering.  K1TTT has both RBN and traditional
spots on his node, and he is using ARC V6 as well.  Since this filter
requires >2 Skimmers to agree on a spot, it effectively cancels out the
"odd man out."

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000