[Skimmertalk] Multiple CW Skimmers

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Mon Sep 13 15:22:36 PDT 2010

A couple of questions for the experts here:

1.  CW Skimmer allows you to open multiple instances of itself and
assign each of them to different radios.  Each instance of CW Skimmer
opens up with the exact same Windows title (the text in the top bar of
the window), though, making it difficult to activate the different CW
Skimmer windows via any kind of script or macro.   I can query Windows
to identify the hexadecimal window ID code for each of them, but that's
fleeting and changes every time CW Skimmer is executed.  It would be
much more straightforward if there was some way to alter the title of
each instance of CW Skimmer to make it unique.  Anyone know if that is
possible, either before or after execution of the application?

2.  In 3 KHz audio mode, CW Skimmer merges the audio from each channel
of the sound card and displays the combination on the screen.   That's a
problem if you're feeding the audio from two different receivers into
the sound card, one to each channel.  Is there any way to configure CW
Skimmer to use only one channel of the sound card?  In case my intent is
unclear, I'd like to feed the audio from one receiver into one instance
of CW Skimmer and feed the audio from a second receiver into another
instance of CW Skimmer .... i.e., audio from Receiver A into left
channel of the sound card utilized by one instance of CW Skimmer and
audio from Receiver B into right channel of the same sound card utilized
by a second instance of CW Skimmer.  Right now the only way I can do
that is to use two different sound cards, which seems like kind of a
waste since only one should be necessary for audio mode.

Thanks es 73,
Dave   AB7E