[Skimmertalk] more than 2 rigs in Omnirig with Skimmer?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Oct 1 17:44:05 PDT 2010

I don't think so.  It appears to me that OmniRig is hard coded to only
handle two rigs, and I'm pretty certain that CW Skimmer is hard coded to
only call up a unique version of OmniRig.  I suspect that could be
changed by Alex, but I don't know of any other work around.

The only exception I can see would be if:

a.  At least two of the rigs were able to use the same *rig*.ini file
and the only difference was the port assignment.
b.  All three instances of CW Skimmer didn't need to be simultaneously
functional.

I admit that's an extremely limited and unlikely scenario, but if it
were the case I think it would be possible to come up with an AutoHotKey
script that jumped into OmniRig for one of the instances of CW Skimmer
to change the port assignment.  I've been able to manually modify
OmniRig on the fly in the CW Skimmer <Settings> menu and it seems to
respond fine.  It might even be possible to use the script to even
change the *rig*.ini file to a totally different rig (as well as the
port assignment, of course), but you'd still only have a maximum (I
think) of two instances of CW Skimmer fully functional simultaneously.

I'd love to hear if you find a way to do it.

73,
Dave  AB7E