[Skimmertalk] is it possible to invert the skimmer?

Jack Brindle jackbrindle at me.com
Sun Nov 28 11:02:03 PST 2010

I would argue that most (but not all) of the log programs have it wrong. Why not push those folks to correct their error?

This is actually a result of the windowing display coordinates. Program authors tend to be lazy and use what the windowing system defines. Most of these have 0,0 at the top left of the screen, which means they increment downwards (and to the right). The bandmaps follow suit and invert the frequency band accordingly. It is very easy for the programmer to reverse the math and make the bandmap look more natural (incrementing upwards). Unfortunately most authors don't think to correct their mistake in this area.

I personally think Alex got it right, and thank him for all the little extra touches he puts in his software.

Jack Brindle, W6FB