[Skimmertalk] Skimmer Server "Normal" and "Aggressive" call validation

Wes Cosand wes.cosand at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:35:53 PDT 2010

Some of the telnet users of my Skimmer receiver prefer that it run in
"Normal" call validation during the week and then change to "Aggressive"
validation during contest periods on the week-end.  I sometimes forget to
make that change.

I have found simple AutoHotKey mouse movement scripts useful for changing
frequency bands as propagation changes during the day and I have recently
added scripts to change the call validation settings on Friday evening and
then Sunday evening.  These scripts are called by Windows Scheduled Tasks.
I realize this is an inelegant solution but it appears to be sufficiently
robust to be useful.  The key is that the Skimmer Server icon is always in a
reproducible position in the system tray.  That may be easier on a machine
dedicated to Skimmer Server.

I would be glad to share these scripts but they will differ depending on
screen resolution, etc.

Wes WZ7I
CW spots at cw.wz7i.com, port 7300