[Skimmertalk] Waterfall Sensitivity

Dave - AB7E xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Feb 17 09:42:44 PST 2010

Same here.  I've played a LOT with the trace controls on CW Skimmer and it still doesn't display weak but perfectly readable signals.  I'm feeding the Line Out audio from my K3 into a good quality, low noise sound card (M-Audio 2496), so I don't think it is any kind of software issue.

By the way, I've been using the waterfall from CW Skimmer as a running 12 second visual display of in-band (300 Hz or so) CW signals during contests to visually pick up characters that I missed the first time by ear.  It's a bit clumsy, but it comes in handy enough to make it worthwhile having.  I wrote a simple AutoHotKey macro to pause the CW Skimmer waterfall from the keyboard so I don't have to move my hand to the mouse.

73,
Dave   AB7E