[Skimmertalk] [dxatlas] Antenna for Quicksilver Receiver

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Feb 15 13:41:54 PST 2010

FWIW, I'm using an 8-foot active vertical, and results are quite
acceptable, although I could doubtless hear more with Beverages on 80
and 160.  The big advantage of this approach is that you don't miss
openings because your antennas are pointed the wrong direction, and of
course you avoid the risk of feeding 1500 watts straight to the QS1R.

The protection strategy you describe makes sense to me.  Having that
protector between the relay and the QS1R should prevent any transients
from less than perfect relay sequencing, though it would be good to use
a PTT output that leads RF production if you have that sequencing available.

73, Pete N4ZR
Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com