[Skimmertalk] Frequency Calibration Info on QS1R/Skimmer Server combo.

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Dec 4 14:09:55 PST 2010

I have just posted a brief tutorial on the RBN blog explaining how to
calibrate the frequency of the QS1R receiver to give more accurate spot
frequencies.  This is particularly important on the higher bands,
because with this receiver any calibration error grows as you go up in
frequency (don't ask me why, but I'm living proof).  My Skimmer spots
are now accurate within 20-30 Hz, a worthwhile improvement.

The information is at http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com