[Skimmertalk] [N1MM] Re: Frequency (volume) of Spots (OT)

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 04:32:17 PST 2010

>>>looking for such key words
>>> as TEST, CQ, QRZ, QRZ?, and SS. If it finds a key word, it looks for a
>>> callsign within 256 characters after the keyword. If it finds one, then
>>> it looks for that call to be repeated a number of times set by the level
>>> of callsign validation that the owner has specified.

The above implies that those, who wants to be spotted by skimmers need to
call

TEST  XX1XXX rather then XX1XXX TEST. Is that right?

Another issue is when station sends key words (like TEST)  much faster then
the call sign, which is often the case during contests. Skimmer so far ca
not cope with variable speed or at least it can not adapt to variation of
speed that quickly.
It is nice to know that one of the key words is SS. Is it possible to add
key words to the algorithm. That would be very useful feature is operator
could actually add or delete key words depending on the requirements. In
many Russian contests we send WSEM instead of TEST. The word UP could be
also useful addition.There are other cases, I am sure, when such a
flexibility would be of some use.

73, Igor UA9CDC