[Skimmertalk] Antennas for multi-band Skimmer installations

Wes Cosand wes.cosand at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:33:40 PDT 2009

> This morning I read Pete's article in the July/August NCJ, "CW Skimmer --
> One Year Later".  This week I have been following the positive comments on
> the QS1R reflector about alpha testing of Alex's multi band Skimmer Server
> software.
>
> But what do we use for antennas?

Well, I have ordered the "Junior" version of the HyGain Hytower vertical to
use as a Skimmer antenna.  I know all the reasons why a short active antenna
would be simpler but I prefer not to have an amp out in the woods attached
to a lightning rod... chuckle.  We will see how difficult it is to tune.  I
may end up with the Clifton Labs antenna if this doesn't work.

Wes, WZ7I