[Skimmertalk] qs1r and skimmer setup

K1TTT K1TTT at ARRL.NET
Sat Sep 5 07:20:39 PDT 2009

I have a new 64 bit Vista quad core running the Skimmer Server beta software
now.  It took a bit of playing to get the QS1R USB drivers to install, but
now it seems to be working quite nicely.  CPU load is only 10-15% with 500
decoders running generating 80 spots in 30 minutes right now.  For
comparison purposes I have a CW Skimmer on an SDR-IQ running in parallel.

They are both just T'ed off a single vertical right now, no buffer or
preamps.  They are both feeding spots to the http://www.reversebeacon.net/
web site.

K1TTT-1 = SDR-IQ using W3OA's SkimScan to rotate bands every 3 minutes.  Set
to 96khz sampling rate and frequencies 25khz up from the bottom of the bands
on 160/80/40/20/15/10m.  Band schedule depends on time of day.  You can
telnet to it directly at k1ttt.net port 7301

K1TTT = QS1R set for 48khz decoding on 7 bands at once.  I'll change bands
as I play around and think about it.  You can telnet to it directly at
k1ttt.net port 7300.

Has anyone got the CW Skimmer running on a 64 bit Vista machine??  It seems
to have trouble here, probably with the USB interface.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net