[Skimmertalk] Skimmer RX Calibration

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Nov 5 03:08:15 PST 2009

Rick's absolutely right.  My SDR-IQ came out of the box 183 Hz off.  I
used the calibration routine in Spectravue, rather than the one in CW
Skimmer, because it writes the correction to the firmware of the
receiver, making it correct on all bands; I don't understand Skimmer's
calibration routine, but it seems to be band-specific.

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com