[Skimmertalk] Fresh Installing CW Skimmer with SDR-IQ

Jeff Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Sat Mar 7 17:33:45 PST 2009

I have obtained a new computer to use for my CW Skimmer server, and have forgotten
something I once knew about setting it up.

I recall that when I first installed the drivers for SDR-IQ and then for CW Skimmer, there
was a recommendation from someone to install better drivers from someone's web site. I
have lost the notes. I don't recall if they were USB drivers or some driver that made for
better decoding of the signals from the SDR-IQ.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

(BTW, the new computer is a Dell Vostro, with Core Duo E8600/3.33 GHz processor: it should
be quick! It's intended to handle my three SDR-IQ receivers with three instances of CW
Skimmer.)

73,

Jeff  K8ND