[Skimmertalk] Building a computer for Skimmer

VE5ZX ve5zx at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 7 09:03:48 EST 2009

Also, you can buy off lease already assembled 3 GHz hyperthreaded IBM boxes
with loads of memory, DVD, USB ports and other goodies including XP pro for
between $150 & $300.

 http://www-304.ibm.com/shop/americas/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/default/CategoryDisplay?storeId=124&catalogId=-124&langId=124&categoryId=2576395I have two of these machines. One was a full sized 3 Ghz desktop machinewith a floppy drive, 1 GB RAM, DVD read/write, 1 serial port, 1 parallelport, 6 USB ports, a half dozen expansion slots and XP pro for $195 Canadiandelivered to the door. VE5UF has purchased quite a few. I am thinking ofbuying a couple more just have around '' just in case"" :)... SylvanSylvan Katz, VE5ZXSaskatoon, SK