[Skimmertalk] Skimmer/Perseus in real time

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 30 09:31:23 PST 2009

The title says Perseus but could equally be any other SDR.

I can now use Perseus with Skimmer using the new software versions from
both camps, and I can even sync  my PROIII to the Perseus with e.g
Bobcat. The Elad switch also enables me to use the Perseus as an
auxiliary rx, although  the curse of latency means the latter is not
viable for CW operation.

However because the PROIII does not have an auxiliary rx antenna output,
the Perseus cannot be used in real time and has to time slice with the
PROIII. Whilst I would be dragged screaming away from the PROIII as it's
such a nice rig, I'm always looking to the future and wonder what combos
people are using to operate Skimmer in real time from an SDR. I thought
that the reasonably priced IC7200 might be a worthwhile addition to the
shack, but afaics it doesn't have an auxiliary rx antenna ouput. No
doubt the 7600/7700 do, but they are decidedly outside my budget. I
wonder what other brands have the aux. rx antenna capability?

Your experience is solicited.

73

Clive
GW3NJW