[Skimmertalk] Logbook for skimmer

Trevor Smithers tsmithers at cix.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 04:17:00 PST 2009

I've had a few off-line replies about this subject so thought I'd provide a brief summary for
anyone that might be interested.

73
Trevor  G0KTN

**************************************
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I use SpotCollector
from DXLab Suite.  It connects to Skimmer via the telnet facility very
easily and it generates a permanent record that can be easily manipulated to
learn a great deal.

You don't need to download the entire suite but I would recommend you
download "Launcher" as well as "SpotCollector"  from
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/

Launcher will keep your software up to date and will make it easy to install
SpotCollector
**************************************
Here is a roundabout way to get a log of Skimmer spots in the form of a text
file.
Use WinTest and run it as any contest - doesn't matter which one, you just
want to use a subset of the functionality. Launch also Wintest's
Telnet/Cluster client and have it log in to Skimmer's Telnet server. Make
sure WinTest's networking is enabled. The WinTest cluster client will then
relay the Skimmer spots to WinTest and WinTest will create a log of cluster
spots, in this case only the skimmer spots. You will get a .txt file with
one spot per line sequentially. You can then in due course analyze the log
by importing it into Excel and sort it etc

I have the computer keep a running file of all the Skimmer's telnet spots. My skimmer telnet
address is:

******skimmer.ath.cx 7300

so in Windows from START menu type:
RUN
CMD
telnet ******skimmer.ath.cx 7300 -f -c:\telnetlog.txt

This produces a running text file of your telnet spots from skimmer