[Skimmertalk] Recording from Skimmer Server

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Dec 21 04:50:19 PST 2009

I am about to install a QS1R and begin monitoring slices of 6 bands
simultaneously with Skimmer Server, on the model of WZ7I and (maybe)
some others.  In thinking about this, it occurred to me that this is a
step on the road to contest sponsors being able to have (and refer to)
recordings of entire contests.  Alas, Skimmer Server does not have the
ability to record the I/Q data stream as a WAV file, and from
correspondence with VE3NEA, he does not see the need to add this.

Does anyone know of a way that this might be accomplished with a
separate piece of software tapping the same USB data stream?

New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com