[Skimmertalk] Skimmer and Perseus

Jeff Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Sat Dec 19 17:56:21 PST 2009

The address '127.0.0.1:7300' ('localhost') only works, of course, if CW Skimmer is running
on the SAME COMPUTER as the logging program! I've never run the logging program and CW
Skimmer on the same PC.

If CW Skimmer is running on another computer, you need to address it on your LAN with that
PC's IP address and the port number, e.g. on my LAN '192.168.10.75:7300'.

You may need to modify your firewall configuration to let the spots flow.

You also need to enable the telnet server within CW Skimmer from the "Setting" tab. Check
the box and make sure you know which port is selected (default is 7300, but it can be
changed). See the last page of N4ZR's "Introduction to CW Skimmer".
http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/Files/Skimmerintro.pdf

73,  Jeff  K8ND