[Skimmertalk] testing qs1r/skimmer-server

K1TTT K1TTT at ARRL.NET
Fri Aug 14 17:05:49 PDT 2009

I have been running the combo of the qs1r and skimmer-server here off and on
for a few weeks and have been quite happy with it.  now that I have the
latest skimmer aggregator that works with it I hope to have it feeding spots
to the reverse beacon site more often.  It is also available at k1ttt.net
port 7300 for direct connections.  I was having a bit of trouble with it
with 40m rtty getting into the usb port... I think I have it filtered out,
but don't be surprised if it doesn't decode much with the sartg rtty contest
going on this weekend.

I have it set to do 48khz starting at:
1800.0
3500.0
7000.0
14000.0
21000.0
28000.0
50091.0
Yes, it does 7 bands at once.  I tried 96khz wide but my computer couldn't
handle its end of the processing.

It is on a single vertical, about 30' tall mounted on the ground with a
dozen or so radials.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net