[Skimmertalk] Skimmer to Commander

W3OA w3oa at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 8 04:07:24 PDT 2009

I've written a program that acts as a bridge between CW Skimmer and
Commander.  With this program you can 1.) have your radio's Main or Sub
VFO change frequency when you click on Skimmer's waterfall display,
and/or 2.) have Skimmer track the Main or Sub VFO as you tune your
receiver, and/or 3.) tell Skimmer to QSY to the Main or Sub VFO
frequency by clicking the appropriate button.

The main reason for writing the program was to avoid sharing the serial
connection to the radio between Skimmer and Commander.  It communicates
with Skimmer via Telnet and with Commander via DDE links.

More information and the program are available at
http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/
<http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>

I've tested it with an FT-1000MP Mark-V and an SDR-IQ.  I believe the
program will work with other radios compatible with Skimmer and
Commander, respectively.  Please let me know your results if you try it
with other hardware.

73 - Dick, W3OA