[Skimmertalk] Fwd: Re: Identifying CQ-ers

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Nov 17 17:24:20 EST 2008

Jim, I don't think Alex was offended by your report at all.  I think you
have helped put your finger on an area that can use some improvement, if
and when Alex can devote more time to Skimmer.

On the broader subject of Skimmer's score impact, I stand by my original
view.  In SS, using an appropriate master.dta file and the paranoid
validation setting, I think it offers real advantages for Sunday score
optimization.  In CQWWCW, I expect it to be worth many multipliers as
compared to skimmerless operation.  One of the truly nifty features is the
way that N1MM compares an incoming spot with the call history file (in SS)
and the country.dta file for CQWW.  That way you know exactly when a single
or double mult comes on the air by the color coding on the bandmap and in
the available window.  You can even set the Available window to only show
multipliers.

73, Pete N4ZR