[Skimmertalk] CAT control conflicts

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 15 07:39:28 EST 2008

I know that Larry/N6NC has already encountered this issue and addressed
it by using a separate rx with its own dedicated COM port. I am way off
such a scheme at present

However I wonder if anyone else has addressed the matter differently?
I'm using N1MM logger with the mH MK2R+ interface. Selecting the
preconfigured virtual USB/COM ports for each radio in the SO2R set up (
COM4 and COM6 as it happens) for Skimmer works just fine, but then of
course CAT control is not available to N1MM. Paradoxically Skimmer's
spots are sent to the N1MM bandmap via the dedicated telnet client, but
of course the radios can't be QSYd to the spot as CAT is unavailable.

I wonder therefore if anyone has worked out a way to use another of the
virtual ports in the mH router software to dedicate to Skimmer, or
perhaps some other solution such as sharing?

73

Clive
GW3NJW