[Skimmertalk] Is CW Skimmer twins?

W7TMT w7tmt at dayshaw.net
Tue Nov 11 12:29:03 EST 2008

Pete,

I currently have Skimmer running and connected to the Reverse Beacon
Network.

In Task Manager I am seeing two occurrences of "CWSkimmer.exe" one using
1,568K and the other using 21,648K of memory. The smaller one cycles the CPU
utilization between zero and 1 while the larger cycles it between 6 and 12
or so. However, Skimmer currently reports only approx. 30 decoders running
but that's because I have it running on 15M which is dead here in the
Northwest at the moment. Additionally I currently show two occurrences of
"skimmer_aggregator_v0.18beta.exe" running. One using 5,588K and the other
80K.

Regarding Skimmers reported CPU utilization... It appears that Skimmer is
reporting a higher usage than Task Manager. Skimmer is currently reporting
14-16 percent but the combination of the two cwskimmer.exe's never really
reach that total. Aggregator never cycles the CPU in Task Manager off zero
at least while I've been watching.

Let me know if you need further clarification. I can also move it to another
band to increase the decoder load if you like. I have it running on 15M
looking for openings (always hopeful I guess).

73/Patrick
W7TMT