[Skimmertalk] Archive?

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 30 15:32:21 EDT 2008

> If I connect a CW decoder to each of those 17 receivers where
> is the "assistance?"

The "assistance" is the CW decoder.

I submit that there ought to be a "classic" category in CW contesting in
which only a single human operator decodes the Morse signals, and
consequently the most skilled operators in that category would have the
best chances of winning.  If they were skilled enough to simultaneously
decode signals by ear from 17 receivers, then they should win over the
operators whose skill was only sufficient to simultaneously decode signals
from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, or 16 receivers.
Diana Moon Glompers would hate such a category!

Such a category would exclude operating aids such as CW decoders, SCP, and
similar means of determining the callsigns of others stations.

73, de Hans, K0HB
Just a boy and his (17) radios