[Skimmertalk] "Assistance" and "Red Herrings" - Whattechnologiesdo we want to permit in our "sport"?

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 14:52:15 EDT 2008

From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb at earthlink.net>
[...]
> At the same time, I believe that our sport has room for categories where
> classic "individual skill" is the focus of the competition; categories
> where the use of some "automagic" technologies (such as Skimmer) is
> voluntarily suppressed inside that category.
>
> Seems like "win-win" to me!

Hi Hans:

I actually participate in more contests as an operator in a multi category than
as a single operator (especially if you count Field Day).

Should be similar categories for multi-operator categories for the "automagic"
technologies?  (I love that term).  By voluntarily suppressed, do you mean
prohibited in the rules for that category?

Mark