[Skimmertalk] Skimmer Callsign Validation

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jun 29 15:18:27 EDT 2008

Hi Joe - You're entirely correct as to the origin of most of the
errors.  Because of the way Skimmer decodes, it does not yet have the
ability to take it to the next level, as a human op would do.  On the other
hand, if you compare its output with the stream of spots coming from a
cluster node, I suspect that much the same sort of errors would be seen in
both.  My only point was that the error rate is now comparable to packet,
at least at the normal and aggressive validation levels.  At the paranoid
level, since a positive match with a super check partial file is required,
Skimmer may even be less prone to total busts.

My reason for posting the report was not to argue for/againsat one point of
view or another in the tiresome rules debate, but to blow Alex's horn,
something that he appears reluctant to do for himself.  The guy is good!

73, Pete N4ZR