[Skimmertalk] Category Definitions

Ted Bryant w4nz at comcast.net
Wed Jul 2 16:31:42 EDT 2008

W4TV wrote: "...The problem with defining categories based on what functions an operator is required
to perform is that enters into the are(a) of operating technique and strategy..."

Not at all, Joe.  And the rules do this already: (ARRL - Single Operator) "...One person performs
all transmitting, receiving, and logging functions as well as equipment and antenna adjustments..."
(CQ - Single Operator) "...those stations at which one person performs all of the operating,
logging, and spotting functions..."

Techniques and strategy, for example, are individual operator choices allowed within the bounds of
the "functions" of "transmitting, receiving, logging, operating and spotting".

73, Ted W4NZ