[Skimmertalk] Archive?

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 13:31:40 EDT 2008

I regularly participate in Walleye Fishing tournaments.  The purpose is to
catch Walleye.  Aids such as gill nets ("skimmers") or pre-fishing (SCP)
are not allowed even though such aids are legal on the public waters under
certain conditions outside the tournament.

I have a couple of sons who race in marathons on public streets.  Aids such
as automobiles or bicycles, while legal forms of transportation on those
public streets, are prohibited to contestants in the race.  Persons who
desire may use wheelchairs, but they compete in a separate category where
such aids are permitted.

As you can see, there are many sports which use public resources for their
competitions, yet disallow otherwise legal aids during their competition.

Good luck on this one now!

Beep beep,

de Hans, K0HB