[Skimmertalk] decoder sensitivity

Rick Walker rnwalker at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 24 13:20:19 EDT 2008

Pete,

That figure correlates nicely to what I see with my system.  Interestingly
enough, I can hear (and decode) plenty of weaker signals from my SDR-IQ
receivers with my ears that skimmer can't process.  The application is aware
that there is a signal as it assigns a decoder, but until the signal
strength crosses the magic threshold no valuable information is generally
forthcoming.

On a side note, I wish Alex would put the signal strength into the comment
portion of each telnet spot.  That would enable some very interesting
analysis of the data.  :-)

73,

Rick
K4TD