[Skimmertalk] Skimmer use places op in Assisted category forCQWW

Ted Bryant w4nz at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 11:27:36 EDT 2008

Let's try a what-if example: (major plagiarism of the ARRL DX Contest rules)

Single Operator:
A) One person performs all control, transmitting, receiving, and logging
functions within the station location.
B) In the performance of those functions in (A), information concerning the
callsign, time and transmit frequency  of other contest participants
gathered by any means from any source external to the station location is
not permitted. (alternately: will place the entrant in the XXXXX category.)
C) In the performance of those functions in (A), information concerning the
callsign, time and transmit frequency of other contest participants gathered
within the station location by automated means is not permitted.
(alternately: will place the entrant in the XXXXX category.)
D) Single-Operator stations are allowed only one transmitted signal at any
given time.
E) Single Operator stations may be divided into subcategories based on power
output:
   1.QRP: 5-W output or less.
   2.Low Power: 100-W output or less.
   3.High Power: More than 100-W output

Of course competitive categories are strictly the purview of the contest
sponsor. This would likely affect how items B and C are implemented.

73, Ted W4NZ