Re: [TenTec] Tech Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tech Question
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:20:57 -0500
Dave,

The simple answer is Yes.

The opto isolators appear to be open collector.  If that is so, you can treat
them like switches
and can parallel them as desired.  I feed my PTT line with a PTT switch, Opto
from
soundcard interface, Vibroplex bug and straight key for example.  No diodes
needed. In fact
adding diodes adds voltage drop on the PTT line which is not a desirable thing.

-Lee-

WA3FIY