Re: [TenTec] Palstar tuner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Palstar tuner
From: Jeff <n3jbh@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 03:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
I have a palstar tuner and as a tuner think it is great. BUT !!! mine the model
AT1KP has a really crappy balun. The balun fried at 600 watts and is grossly
under sized. To make matters worse the used a 4:1 balun i this model. I
contacted Paul about the fried balun and got a silly reply that the tuner will
only match 200 ohm loads on the balanced lugs. "what"  Here is the  email
replies from Paul.
t is 200 ohms in balanced mode only as the balun
is a 4:1 current balun
You also said that you were in balanced
mode
The other specs are for the coax mode
Regards  Paul
AND
The Z that the balun is looking into must be out of
the range of the
200 ohms that is the output Z of the balun
itself
This is an antenna problem not a balun
issue
R  Paul

Again love the tuner Just needs some serious improvement's in the balun area.
Jeff N3JBH