Re: [TenTec] Omni VI problems, continued

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI problems, continued
From: VE1BN <ve1bn@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:34:06 -0300
Ken -

I have had power vs band output problems on my Paragon II.  I suspect the
same
correction to make all bands full output could apply to your OMNI 6. The P2
uses can
shielded slug tuned coils versus capacitors in the OMNI 6.

The input crystal filter on the PBT board required some adjustment to bring
the power
level to 100%.  There are two adjustment capacitors on either side if the
crystal.  By
tuning these miniature caps you can vary the drive level.

All this came about when I found the RF out on my P2 was half power on 160,
15, 12
and 10M.  I tried to adjust the input slug in the first can (in my case)
which refused to
turn back up when I turned it farther into the coil,  Had to send the rig to
Ten-Tec who
graciously did the coil replacement for me.  The rig came back 100% RF
output all bands.

Fortunately my OMNI 6+ has no problems.  Am referring to an OMNI 6+
schematic to
advise you of the PBT input adjustment that could be the main problem.

Hope this is of some use, Ken,

73 -  Don,  ve1bn@eastlink.ca