[TenTec] Source or Substitute for Argonaut 509 Final TransistorsPT3647?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Source or Substitute for Argonaut 509 Final TransistorsPT3647?
From: Frank Castelluccio <wb2lrr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hello to the list,

  Does anyone happen to know of a source for the PT3647 final transistor used
in the Argonaut 509? Perhaps even a readily available substitute for those
transistors?

  I can find them all over the web but unfortunately those huge obsolete device
clearing houses who bought up all the surplus wont sell me 2 of them. Very
frustrating indeed when they all want a minimum of $150-200 dollars per order.

  I have 2 509's here and one needs some work including replacing blown finals,
my intent is to fix it up for my nephew who has a budding interest in Amateur
radio.

  Any suggestions or direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

  Frank