[TenTec] Astron 2412-24 Plus Omni V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Astron 2412-24 Plus Omni V
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:10:57 -0400 (EDT)
I want to use my Omni V in a "rover" setup but have had problems with
drop-outs when battery volts are low.  In my stock I have 2 new 12V deep-
cycle batteries and an Astron 2412-24 DC-DC converter.  My decision is do
I parallel the batts, and hope for the best, or do I use the batts in
series to drive the DC-DC converter to get 13.8 down to 11V per batt?
My rover operation is VERY demanding--Ohio and PA QSO parties, with
operation "wall to wall". Much CW, some SSB.  Does anybody have any direct
experience with the Astron DC-DC Converter under heavy use????

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place
Marietta Ohio  45750