Re: [TenTec] Roof filters

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Roof filters
From: "Larry Menzel" <retire@means.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:28:10 -0600
Bob,

Congratulations on the OII...hope you get it soon.  I sure enjoy mine.

Filters:  Get all three.  It's an inconsequential cost (when compared with
the cost of the radio) and you'll be glad you did.

Of course, YMMV, but if you're a contester or weak signal dxer, I think
you'll really enjoy the flexibility of that extra filter in there.  It's
especially nice in very crowded band conditions.

For general purpose receiving, I guess your logic holds well, but I think
you'll appreciate the extra filtering at some time or other.

My $.02

Larry, N0XB
Northfield, MN