Re: [TenTec] Scout mobile bracket

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout mobile bracket
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:22:21 -0500
Jerry, on the 1220, add C86 the "optional" capacitor. However, what
really fixed it for me was adding a .01 uf cap in parallel with C36 near
the PLL circuit. Put the cap on the foil side of the board. Somehow the
tone gets into the VCO directly and after much grounding and shielding,
I found this fix.

It may lower the tone level too much for reliable keying of PL
repeaters. If so you may have to play with the added cap value or change
the coupling resistor between the PL oscillator and the modulator.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF