[TenTec] T tuner (transmatch) losses?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T tuner (transmatch) losses?
From: ken.d.brown@verizon.net (Ken Brown)
Date: Tue Jul 1 01:24:47 2003
Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX wrote:

>Most tuners have low loss when measuring input to output when matched to a
>50 dummy load on the output.  When feeding a real load, one which has both
>capacitive and inductive reactance's is when they show excessive losses.

I agree that testing tuners (and baluns too) into purely resistive loads
does not give a very complete picture of how they will work in the real
world. However I think that the capacitive and inductive reactances
subtract from each other and leave only resistance and either capacitive
OR inductive reactance, not both, at any given frequency.

Ken N6KB