[TenTec] field day/QRP with Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] field day/QRP with Jupiter
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 11:01:18 -0500
I run in the 1B battery catagory / QRP, usually using my Argosy II. It has a
switch in the back that limits it to 5 watts output. Now that I have the
Jupiter I would like to use it for field day. Cw is no problem as you can
just put it in tune and set the output for 5 watts. Transmitting into a
dummy load on SSB using the same setting as on CW it will light the alc but
very little meter movement on the power meter. This is an average reading
meter not a PEP. The scale is 0-30 watts so it should show something with 5
watts. Has anybody tried QRP with the Jupiter on SSB and if so what setting
on the output have you used? Thanks 73 Paul K9OT