Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] Direct Battery Hookup.

To: "'Randy Berry'" <randyn3lrx@gmail.com>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Direct Battery Hookup.
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:26:39 -0500
I think you are correct on both counts.  Running dual cables to the battery
has the advantage of noise cancelling.  Think about it.  Works similar to
ladder line for an antenna.

The advantage of dual fuses has to do with the unlikely possibility of a
short to nearby positive cable near the radio, and past the fuse.  The
negative fuse will then take the responsibility to terminate the current.

73, Keith NM5G