Yaesu

[Yaesu] RX Ant out on Mark V

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RX Ant out on Mark V
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:11:41 -0500
>What is the functional or operational purpose of the connection on the
>rear panel of the FT-1000MP Mark V and marked RX  ANT  OUT ?  The manual
>is of little value in explaining the purpose or application in using the
>connection. W7UPF  donsay2@cox.net

 I use the RX IN/OUT to accomplish several things here on the MPs.

 1. Provides a path <outside of the main XMIT RF> for a pre-amp.

 2. Provides a path <outside of the XMIT RF> for bringing the RCVE
 only antenna line into the MP.

 3. Provides a path <outside of the main XMIT RF> to insert a protection
 circuit to make sure the other MP+AMP does not damage the RCVR.

 Another use of the RX OUT could be to run the MAIN antenna to
a separate receiver ...

 That help?

73 de Billy, AA4NU