Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Audio Distortion

To: "Jeff Weinberg W8CQ" <w8cqjeff@verizon.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Audio Distortion
From: "Harold Mandel" <hmandel@barantelecom.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:00:59 -0400
Dear Jeff,

Here is a plan:

Plug some headphones in.
Does the audio improve?

Get a 1/8" stereo male phone plug adaptor for
a stereo amp set.

Plug this cord in the AF OUT jack.
Careful, the volume control does not affect
the level out.
Does the audio improve?

If using cans or the AF jack makes a difference there is
probably a dirty contact in the jack(s). This can be
flushed with a can of contact cleaner and a plug to work the socket.

Verify the audio affecting controls. Go through everything to
see if something was left amiss. It's easy to skip a sparsely-used
control if it was left tweaked.

If nothing else works and it still is nasty, contact Byron, WA4GEG.

Hal
W4HBM