Yaesu

[Yaesu] FTV-1000 transmission locks

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FTV-1000 transmission locks
From: <carl@UDel.Edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:18:29 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Yaesu users,

I recently purchased a used FTV-1000 to go with my FT-1000MP Mark V, and just
today have had an opportunity to do a "shake down", as it were.  I've noticed
that if I try to transmit on either FM or CW, the transverter locks in
transmit, and the only known way (so far) of stopping the transmission is to
turn the unit off.  Perhaps needless to say, this does not occur on the Mark V.
 This phenomenon does not occur on SSB or AM.  Has anyone else noticed this
phenomenon, or have I bought a malfunctioning piece of equipment?  If others
have noticed this, is there a way to correct this phenomenon?  Thank you for
your help.

73 de Carl - K3NTH