Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D fan noise

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D fan noise
From: "Darrell Gordon" <w4cx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:40:36 -0400
Up until a few months ago, I owned an FT-1000D.  If you love your FT-1000D,
don't mess around with turning down the fan speed.  Replacements for the
power transistors are obsolete and *impossible* to find. (Trust me on this)

But I agree that the fan noise can drive you nuts.  Or I should say, the
"on-off-on-off-on-off" fan noise can drive you nuts.  Why not find a way to
wire the fan to stay ON continuously and let your brain learn to filter the
noise?  It was the on-off pattern that always distracted me.

Jim, can you spot an easy way to bypass the temperature detector 'closed'?

Darrell W4CX