Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000d / Ft-1000MP MkV Ant. Tuner

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000d / Ft-1000MP MkV Ant. Tuner
From: "ka1xo@juno.com" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:51:30 GMT
In attempting to tune up an external antenna tuner sometimes the
mismatch in getting to a resonance is so extreme the "SWR" illuminates
on the FT display.

The power diminishes until I go back and switch to a dummy load and
reset.

My question for the group is if I first use the autotuner to set the
FT to a 50 ohm dummy load and then disable it, does it remain tuned
for the 50 ohm load, or is the tuner completely switched out of the
transmit chain?

What do other forum members do when facing this situation?

Thanks,

Hal, W4HBM