Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D no output

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D no output
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 06:23:03 -0000
Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions.  Problem has been solved
with NM6DX being the one to correctly identify the problem!

When you install the Inrad roofing filter in the FT1000D, you are asked to
solder two wires to connect 12VDC power to the board. To do this, you almost
have to remove a small coax marked with a red band.

The problem is that when you go to put everything back together, you find
there are two empty receptacles where the red coax could go!  The picture
that is included with the Inrad instructions only shows one receptacle (the
other one is hidden by some wires).  The hidden one is hidden because it is
not supposed to have anything connected to it!

So... Connect the red marked coax to J1008 (not J1009)!

If you plug it into the wrong place, the receiver works fine but you have no
output power.  Plug it into the right spot and everything works!  Whew.

73,

Randy, K5ZD