Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT1000D Processor

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000D Processor
From: Paul Frantz <w5pf@houston.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:17:56 -0600
I recently sent my FT1000D to Yaesu for repairs. After nearly 3 months
in California they informed me yesterday that the processor is bad. The
worse news is that the processor is obsolete and no spares are available.

I don't want to give up on this radio. Are there other sources of spare
parts beside Yaesu? Does anyone have a spare board with a good
processor? Any suggestions on who may be able to repair the radio?

I guess this is a downside to the modern computer based radios. There
are alternatives if you can't get an original part for an old boat
anchor, but if you lose a processor that is not available what can you do?

Thanks in advance,

Paul W5PF